Monday, February 23, 2009

CNY 09

Apologies for the obscenely overdue entry. I blame DL1, DL2, DL3 and DL4 for their generous clogging up of my schedule. Anyway not like anyone of you would be interested in my subject codes. Here are the selected bunch (think editor's pick) of photographs taken by yours truly.

Camera: EOS 5D MK1 (with flash gun)
Lens: 24-70mm f2.8 L (quite the cacat lens, more on this later)




G-mama's gift; ring and necklace for Unc Ben & Aunt Amy. I have a sweet photo of them in their traditional outfits but sadly the background is anything but flattering. Those who have access to my photos would probably know what I'm talking about.





Now at this point I'd like to point out that the particular lens I was using, the 24-70mm f2.8 L, actually had a mind of it's own. It had probably convinced itself (grammar?) that it was a photo editor cum critique in it's past life and it's as hell as determined to not let me have my own way. Hence the slightly out of focus images. Blimey.

Either that or the 5D body that I was using had convinced itself that it's a cow in it's past life and will not work properly and would only want to loiter around in the mud all day long. But too bad it doesn't have any limbs or I'd have to pay for a missing 5D. More blimey.





These buggers actually locked themselves in a dark room while playing Left4Dead. Awesome game I have to admit. Wouldn't like to install it in my Dell, kills my productivity level big time, you see.



The obligatory 'yee sang' tossing. Done purely for the sake of tradition I'd say. If it wasn't for the tradition I wouldn't be bothered messing around with a big plate of food.



The obligatory family photo thingo. Somehow I can sense a torrent of 'sepet' jokes coming my way. Don't you start.


p/s: apologies for the long entry. There's no other way for me to present these photos unless I do it in 2 parts, which is not what I want to do considering it's still the same amount I'm publishing. Kebodohan.




Contact: tiktsin[AT]gmail.com