Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I don't usually use this blog as a personal venting channel thingo. Trying to keep it professionally candid konon. Perhaps it's good to break the cycle sometimes. It's going to be a short one. Just because I have the urge to share this little piece of my thought.



It has been more than a month since popo left us. I can still recall fragments of memory about her from the way she scolds me when I was a kid to the way she enthusiastically talks to me about her potted plants in Ipoh during last year’s Chinese New Year. Damn enthusiastic I tell you.

I’d like to share a mini bit about my impression on her. Ever since I was a kid, I have always looked up to her as this big authoritative figure (despite the fact that she’s one of the gentlest persons I’ve ever known in my life) and I have this truckload of respect for her. However, even up till today I am still unable to fully grasp the reasoning behind my said respect for her. It’s confounding but I am content with the way it is, as this kind of respect is possibly the purest of respect that one can ever give; respect born out of neither past deeds nor contributions, but simply because of pure will.

Of course, things will be different from now onwards. But I can tell that she had and will have a lasting impression on everyone who knows her. This is why I’m grateful to have such an awesome grandmother.




Contact: tiktsin[AT]gmail.com